ECS meeting (Apr. 2017)
The 3rd Early Career Scientists (ECS) Meeting took place from April 3rd - 5th 2017 in Bad Tölz. Most ECS from W2W took part in this meeting, as well as master students contributing to W2W and invited guests from and outside of science.
The format of this meeting was based on suggestions from the ECS and included:
- short talks by each ECS addressing basic concepts (e.g. cold pools, radiation parameterization) to improve the understanding among the different disciplines in W2W
- coordinated one-to-one exchanges about the W2W research topics
- in-depth talks about tools, methods and research themes relevant to W2W such as error growth, statistical significance and data assimilation
- talks from invited guests about career opportunities in and outside of science (DLR, WMO, MunichRE) and work-life balance
- a workshop with talks and discussion about the necessary steps towards a better reproducibility of scientific results
The ECS have elected Philipp Zschenderlein as the new ECS representatives for Karlsruhe.